Being a freelance writer sometimes makes it hard to have a steady income. So freelancers have it a bit tougher than other workers to find work. How do you find work as a freelancer?
Marketing yourself can turn into a full-time job. There are a few ways to market yourself to potential clients that work for many freelance writers.
1. Join freelance writing forums. This is one of the best ways to network with others in the same industries. Many potential clients visit freelance writing forums regularly in search of a good writer for their current or upcoming projects.
2. Email Signature.Always place a signature at the bottom of each and every email you send even if it's to your best friends. Your email signature should have your name, title, web site, email address, and any other contact information a potential client may want.
3. Blog. Blogging has become ever so popular in the recent years. It first started out as a place for people to keep an online journal for friends and family to read and keep up to date on your happenings. It has now turned into a great way to network your business.
4. Twitter. A great place to network with other writers and let others know a bit about your business from your profile.
5. Build a Website. Having a website with your resume and writing samples is a great way for potential clients to see first hand what you can do and what you have done. This is like getting a foot in the door.