Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday -

Well after a long two weeks with family being in town and the long drive to and from D.C. to drop them off at the airport, I'm finally back to work and getting back to a regular routine or at least as regular as it can get for me. My business seems to need a bit of help. At least in the advertising department. I'm no marketer even though I should be since I have to solely rely on myself to market myself.

The last big project I had was during the time family was here and as I was working on the project, the client decides he's going to email me saying he can only pay directly to my bank and needs my bank account numbers even though he previously said he paid via PayPal. I refused to give out my information and for good reason I'm sure you all will agree. He canceled the project without letting me know so now I'm out a large amount of $$$$ and unpaid for any work I have already completed.

This type of crap is why I hate my job sometimes. Finding legit clients seems to nearly impossible at times, but I guess its just part of the job. I never remember things like that happening years ago when I started my freelance business. Now that I've started once again, it seems like there are nothing but scammers out there just waiting for their next victim. The good news out of all of this with the last client is I never sent him any of the work I completed. Once he said he wanted my information and could not pay me in the form we had agreed upon a week before, I refused to send him any work.

Earlier this morning as I was cruising the bidding site, I saw his ad up on it again wanting bidders to bid on the very same project I had won two weeks ago. I feel like I should warn other bidders, but still feel as if I should just stay out of it.

Well, I guess I'd better get back to work so I can make some $$$ cause I damn sure not getting paid to blog.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend. Be safe!

3 comments:

Lydia Kang said...

If only we could get paid the big $$ to blog.

Have a great weekend!

Talli Roland said...

That sucks! I can't believe people are like that - it's so sad. Sounds like you've bounced back though!


Have a great weekend.

Guinevere said...

Hi Noelle! Just came across your blog. It's terrible that there are so many scammers out there; my BIL builds websites and he's run into the same issues with people at times. I don't understand people who try to take someone else's work without paying fairly!

Anyway, nice meeting you through the blogosphere. :) Some day I'm tempted to quit my job and try to make a living doing freelance copywriting (as well as fiction), so I'm going to have to follow your blog and learn from you! :)